Monday, November 29, 2010

friends...how many of us have them???

Now this was my jam back in the day. I had it as a ring tone for my "friends" at one point in time.

Now I ask myself if I really have friends other than my 2 BFFs and my Bestie.
I'm always the one the "others" depend on. Yes others. There is this one Other in particular that made me write this post.
One ex-co worker and I became cool outside of work. We would walk around the track attempting to bring sexy back, go to breakfast, go shopping...girl stuff. Then the "taking advantage of my kindness began". When we went out to eat, I was paying for both of us, I didn't mind, breakfast is cheap.  She would drive along to the grocery store to get out the house, and packs of Kool-Aid, bottles of pop or any other miscellaneous snack items end up in my cart. I cook, she will come eat, even if uninvited. I put my kids coats on layaway last winter, she was with me and she put her kids coats in with mine. Well it got cold earlier than usual and I called her to let her know I was taking the coats out and to have her part of the money..."Ok, I'll get the coats from you Thursday when I get paid" This was September...Thursday didn't come until April when I was on maternity leave. In April, ON TAX DAY, I did 3 previous years of federal and a previous year or 2 of state taxes for her boyfriend, and 2 previous years of state taxes for her BY HAND. (Barely got a thank you for that) but was told, "I got you when I get my refund". HMPH...never got "got". I even allowed her to use my bank account info to pay her car note since she didn't have a bank account. I think that last act of kindness allowed her to believe it was OK to ask me to write a check for her rent until the next day-NOPE and NOPE. I don't play beat the bank. She was pissed about that no for a couple of weeks, probably still miffed about it to this day...Oh, well....so after this she really hasn't spoken to me much, other than an occasional comment of FB, but nothing in person.
 Sooooo....let's fast fast forward to Friday... I receive a text:
Her: I received a letter from IGC (Indiana Gaming Commission) stating I have to file my 2007 state taxes or I will lose my job. Do you think you will be able to do them this weekend?
Me: You gonna pay me?
Her: $5. All I have is $40 in my pocket.
Me: More than that, if u do recall I did multiple years of you and ur BFs and you didn't pay me then, I need compensation now.
Her: Well, I don't have the money, so I guess I'll do them myself.
Ya damn skippy pippy! Get to reading that instruction booklet honey. Maybe from now on you will file your state taxes with your federal  so you won't be in the predicament in the future.
Whenever Neev asks for something (even though not needed) : "I don't have it".
*OutKast Player's Ball playing in the background*
you thought I'd break my neck to help yo neck?
9 times outta 10, those ain't the words, but that's what I heard! LOL
I guess her days of asking me for stuff are over, makes me no never mind!

Now Neev is not the type of person to do something and and expect something in return, but I do believe I have every right to use the word NO every once in a while. I probably should have stopped saying yeah after the coat situation, but I didn't, so I lived and I learned.

One Other down...a few more to go....

3 comments:

  1. Dude... *waves church hat at you for this one*
    I mean, really! There always has to be that one. You were EXTRA nice to her, on numerous occasions. Definitely time to cut her off. What the deuce?!? Not acceptable.

    Even if she couldn't pay you back with money, she could have paid back in other ways. babysit the kids, help you clean up, help with laundry...give you a break when you needed it. All she had to do was reciprocate in SOME MANNER.

    And really? Keep your damn word. If you KNOW you can't pay me on thursday, then don't say that. Come up with a realistic time frame. Yeah...at this point, if she was on fire, I wouldn't pee on her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chile BBJ was like "eff her"!
    I was like really? You think I'm taking time out of my non busy weekend to help you???? Nahhhhhh! She even thought to ask me to borrow my coat NYE, cuz she assumed I wasn't going anywhere :::wall slide::: why fo' come yo extra grown tail don't own a real coat?!?!?!?!?!
    I asked her to sit at my house to sign for my phone and she was like "how long I gotta be there?" Really??? after all this stuff I've done for you, you decide to trip about sitting at the house for a couple of hours???? Never asked her for anything after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people just don't get it. And she seems extra selfish. With a capital S. I will have to go with BBJ on this one. LOL!

    ReplyDelete