Soooooo....I thought I would be a better blogger than this. I figured I would post at least once a week. But we can see I haven't done that. I admit, I am a total FB whore...yeah, I'm addicted. I have wonderful randomness while at work that would be great blog material, but I haven't quite figured out how to post from my smartphone...guess it would help if the owner wasn't such a tech dummy.
Quite a bit has happened in the span of a month...the most important to me was Gio "passing" his 2 food challenges-rice and chicken-yeah who is allergic to these two foods and his skin clearing up-for the most part. He still needs the Epipen in case I introduce new foods, but this broadens his diet. He still can't have fruits. I may try pears and peaches again because his RAST results were low for these, I do believe it was lower than chicken. But I guess if it ain't broke, don't break it. Certain foods flare up Gio's eczema, I think chicken is one of them....his ashy patches are trying to return. Also revealed by the allergist is that staph lives on the skin...REALLY???? YUCK!!!! That is another factor in his atopic dermatitis (yeah the terms drive me nuts) REALLY????? The dr said it like "it's a normal thing" I heard: "yo baby is dirty". They recommended bleach baths, REALLY?!?!?! Yall tryna MJ my baby? I may try them, or I may spray him down with Lysol...don't judge me. Seriously, there are so many creams and ointments prescribed for him I think I may scream. I don't want to use them all the time because I don't want his skin to become thin. I have tried natural moisturizers for him because my pediatricial loves them and my e-friend Cass has helped me lean toward non-petroleum based products for myself, she even made him a shea/cocoa body butter that worked but I started using the Eucarin because of the allergist and it seemed to do the trick. Or it might have helped I stopped giving him the foods that made him flare up...LOL.
I just rambled on that last part....but I learned how to add links...I hope they work! LOL
Hey, I say at this point in life, whatever works for Gio is the key. It could very well be Eucerin. My niece had weird skin as a baby, and it seemed like the only thing that worked for her was Eucerin...although I wasn't mixing stuff back then.
ReplyDeleteFB (and Twitter) tend to be mini-blogs for me. I have to stop and focus, and remember to actually sit and write blogs. Especially since my aunt in Cali reads, and that's how she's been keeping up with everything going on with my dad.
Shea works for him..that and .5% cortizone (if his face is broken out) is his facial treatment. But Eucerin for the body, we were alternating with shea, but we ran out. I have to order some because I'm too lazy to go to the flea market or mall.
ReplyDeleteSince adding rice at the beginning of the month and chicken last week he is starting to put on weight. I just love chunky babies! LOL
I haven't joined the twitter nation yet (trying to stay away!) Remember when it was hard to get you to Myspace and FB? LOL we have both come a long way!!!